31 December 2012 | By: Unknown

New Year's Pondering...



I haven’t made a New Year’s Resolution in some time.  It’s not something I think about all year long, so it’s not really something I ponder at the end of every year.  Instead I usually reflect on what I did and what I hope to accomplish in the future.  Whether it be in the near future or some distant future. 

I’ve gained some new friends over the year and lost some old ones.  I started the year in school and ended it in a period of rest.  I lost a job I liked for one I enjoy more. 

I got to meet some fabulous authors at signing events and even had some memorable conversations with several of them.  I’ve also learned a lot from the seasoned writers. 

One of the most important things I’ve grown into is my writing.  I’ve always loved to create though I didn’t realize the extent of it until I dived into the writing world.  I’ve still got a lot to learn about it, but the act of writing is more soothing than I have ever imagined it could be. 

I’ve done a lot of reading this past year as well.  Not enough to meet the reading goal I set for myself but enough that I can say I’ve definitely learned from it.  I’m definitely going to try harder to meet a reasonable reading goal for myself. What number do you think is reasonable? In 2011 I read 80 books and in 2012 only 64. The average is 72.  Maybe I’ll make that my goal. ^_^ 

I want to write more too.  I don’t think I spend enough time every day writing to consider myself growing from the experience.  I want to grow and learn everything I can.  With a finished manuscript in the final phases before publishing and a second manuscript in process I think it’s important to continue to learn and grow into my writing as much as possible. 

Of course I plan on going to more signings and perhaps a book convention or two.  Of course I want to go to more anime conventions as well.  I’m looking forward to all the fun to be had. 

What are your plans for the future?  Anything fun? ^_^




0 comments:

Post a Comment